Blue Ray Engineering’s strategic mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) systems design practices, result in quality building systems integration with any architectural design. Our staff has over 20 years of experience in the MEP industry with interface of employees, clients, subcontractors and other professionals. Projects range from private sector and government healthcare, facilities engineering at NASA, educational institutions, churches, commercial institutions, central energy plants and site mechanical infrastructure. Our team at Blue Ray Engineering focuses on mechanical system designs that will provide our clients with energy efficient and industry best practice based solutions. Our innovative and cost-effective solutions include:
- All types of air conditioning systems
- Central chilled water and heat plants
- Industrial ventilation
- Process piping
- Environmental (temperature, humidity, cleanliness) controls
- Plumbing / Fire protection
- Building automation
- Medical gas systems
- Plan review and site surveying of mechanical, electrical, lighting, water conservation, and building envelope systems and sub-systems including windows, doors, insulation and roofing
Unlike a typical architecture and engineering firms, Blue Ray Engineering has extensive experience designing mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems to meet rigid sets of requirements such as those in place for US Air Force, Navy, and NASA installations. We specialize in designing HVAC, fire protection, communication, building automation control and other types of systems for unique industrial facilities such as: spacecraft processing facilities launch control centers, ordnance and rocket propellant checkout and storage buildings, etc. Many of these facilities contain clean room environment, extreme ceiling heights, and other challenging design requirements.
Our design engineers are equipped with leading industry design tools such as the latest versions of Elite Software’s FIRE® for hydraulic fire suppression system calculations and Trane’s TRACE® for HVAC heating and cooling load calculations. We most commonly use the latest versions of AutoDesk’s AutoCAD to assemble detailed engineering drawings and Solidworks® and/or NASTRAN FEA to perform robust structural analysis.
Some of our past MEP system design projects include:
- Systems engineering and design support for Titan, Delta, and Atlas launch support and payload processing facilities located at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS). Produce detailed system design packages for HVAC and fire protection system installations at ordnance storage, payload processing, and launch control facilities.
- HVAC system modification (including AHUs, HEPA filtration, steam humidification and associated controls) for NASA’s Space Station Processing Facility flight hardware processing and administrative office areas
- System design engineering for NASA’s Damage Assessment and Recovery Team (DART). Performed analysis of damage after each hurricane and compared conditions with facility mission and user requirements.
- Environmental designs for wastewater treatment plants, wastewater conveyances and storm water systems for commercial and aerospace applications.
- Systems engineering and design support for Orlando Health Central Energy Plant. Design of HVAC Chilled water, Boiler and Building automation systems. Produced detailed calculations, specifications and contract documents.
- Mechanical site infrastructure and design support of associated systems for VA Medical Center Orlando. Produced detailed calculations, specifications and contract documents for underground chilled water, steam and condensate systems.
- Systems engineering and design support for VA Medical Center Orlando Central energy plant. Produced detailed calculations, specifications and contract documents for HVAC Chilled water, Building automation and Boiler systems.
- Systems engineering and design support for M.D. Anderson Cancer Center Orlando. Produced detailed calculations, specifications and contract documents. Provided systems design for HVAC and piping applications. (Including AHU’s, HEPA filtration, steam humidification and controls.)